I make a big batch at the beginning of the week so that there are easy, go-to lunches in the fridge. This would also be a good pot-luck dish. Great for hot summer days. Add other veggies and seasonings to make it your own.
1 box (16oz) whole wheat rotini pasta
1 1/2 cups frozen peas
1/2 chopped red onion
Balsamic Vinegar
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Powder
Cook pasta according to directions on the box. When there are two minutes left on the pasta, add the frozen peas to the boiling water. Once pasta and peas are cooked, strain and rinse with cold water to cool the pasta down.
Dump pasta and pea mixture into a large bowl (preferably one that can be sealed for refrigerator storage). Add onions, vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste. I would guess I use ¼ cup vinegar, ¼ cup olive oil, 1 t salt, 1 T pepper, and 1 T garlic powder, but we really like our seasonings!
Monday, July 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment